MaryJo and Shaun decided on Lambertville for their engagement session as the area was their go-to spot for date nights when they were in college at TCNJ and Rider. It was a nice way of tying 4 years of their relationship into this next big chapter. With these engagement photos, we made a guest book for their wedding so that family and friends can fill it up with love notes, marriage advice, and fun stories MJ and Shaun can treasure long after the wedding is over.
They’ll be getting married this March at the Stone House at Stirling Ridge in Warren, NJ. The mix of rustic and modern at the venue was the perfect fit for them. This is the first wedding for both of their families in several years, so they’re looking forward to having everyone under one roof! The theme to their wedding is an extension of “Something Blue,” which they carried into the engagement session
Just a few days shy of their 8th anniversary, they went up to The Armory in Perth Amboy for dinner. Shaun decided to propose on September 21st, a day with significance from the song “September” by Earth, Wind, and Fire. He had been planning to propose and got the ring months before this occasion. MJ’s birthday also happened to be coming up not long after their anniversary, so Shaun had a sneaky plan. Along with the ring, he bought her a new watch as a birthday present. After dinner, he revealed a small box, which MJ thought was the watch. She immediately said “No, no it’s supposed to be for my birthday!” After some convincing, he got her to see that there was no watch inside, but an engagement ring. To say MJ was surprised is an understatement, but I think we all know what the answer was.
Here’s some favorites from their Lambertville engagement session!
• • •
These two were all smiles and laughs their entire session!
MJ’s favorite things about Shaun:
– His sense of humor – he’s not afraid to act silly around her
– He is always thinking about others – he always remembers to text people happy birthday on their birthdays
– He is kind and friendly – he makes friends with everyone every where he goes
Shaun’s favorite things about MJ:
– She always has time to listen to him talk about whatever it is he wants to “blab about.”
– She always supports him in the decisions that he makes
– She is always there by his side when he needs her
– They both have incredibly similar hobbies and personalities. The idea of being similar to someone else and finishing each others sentences is apparently not just something that happens in movies. It happens a lot more than they would have thought and are comfortable with
– She has a smile that can light up a room and it gets him every time
MJ: I realized Shaun was the one when I could not imagine my life without him in it. Even though we have been dating for so long, we still enjoy each other’s company as best friends. He also surprises me by cleaning off my car after it snows. Once I saw that, I knew he was the one.
After just one trip to the jeweler, Shaun knew exactly what kind of ring he wanted for MaryJo – a large stone center with several smaller stones along the band. I’d say he nailed it!